Thursday, January 15, 2009

Some money saving deals, for now

Update:
Well I guess I know why I tortured myself those other years. Staples has Quicken Deluxe + Turbo Tax + Internet security. The Quicken Deluxe + Turbo Tax is only 59.99 (it does require a rebate). However, with your Staples rewards its even less. I believe they have Internet Security for $9.99 so get it all in one place. Of course if you hate having to fill in rebates and that is worth $7 then the deal below is still the way to go.

The first deal is Quicken+Turbo Tax for ~$67, no driving required no rebates.
The second is for iGo tips (~$0.99) at Radio Shack on clearance.

Tax Software and Quicken
Every year I torture myself trying to find the best deal on
  1. Quicken
  2. Turbo Tax
  3. Internet Security

This year, thanks to pointers from others, I have a new favorite (though I have not completed phase 3 yet). Plus, I can now save hours not looking for deals.

I believe the total prices is ~78 dollars.

Amazon has 1+2 for $101.98 less a $35 instant rebate (put both in your cart and go to checkout) and free shipping. I did this a couple of days ago so it definitely works. This gives you Quicken and Turbo Tax for ~67 dollars (pretty good). I also think you can still combine this with the Staples deal for Internet security for $9. This puts your total at ~$78, which is pretty good.

Of course I am still annoyed that this does NOT get you efile. Sure, you get federal efile for free, but with state efile at almost $18, I will print out returns again this year.

iGo Tips

I don't have time to go into iGo in much detail, but you can check out their web site (http://www.igo.com/). Note I use my iGo lightly (only when I travel) there have been some complaints about durability. I got my first pair of adaptors when RadioShack was closing stores for $25 each (iGo anywhere 70 watt). I also got some tips on closeout, for about $3 each.

Tips are normally about $10, which is way to high if you ask me. However, I was just in a local RadioShack and there were a bunch (not all) on sale for under $1. There was also the dual power adaptor for $1, which can be used with the main brick or with the appropriate adaptor in a car. Even better the list is available online (http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?s=A-StorePrice-RSK&sr=1&kw=igo&origkw=igo&kwCatId=&pg=1&searchSort=TRUE&retainProdsInSession=1&x=8&y=12) so if you need tips now is the time.

No comments: